StandOut is a video platform that will help you prepare for both video and in-person interviews. The platform contains practice interviews for 50+ roles in various industries, as well as, skills based interviews. (See index below)
Ready to practice?
To access the practice interviews:
- Using Google Chrome (preferred browser), login to Standout. (Single Sign-on with your SUNet ID)
- Click on "Practice" in the menu.
- Watch the first video, Welcome to Standout for a quick introduction.
- Once you return to the Practice page, enter the industry or role you are interested in viewing in the search bar at the top of the page.
- You will be asked approximately 5-8 questions, and will have 2 minutes to answer before continuing on to the next question. At the end of each session, you will have the opportunity to review both the question and your answer.
If you would like additional interview practice, or feedback on your practice interview, you can make an appointment with a career coach through Handshake.
StandOut Practice Interview Index
Assistant Director / Assistant Stage Manager / Film Production / Production Assistant
Sound Design / Lighting Design
Business Operations (coming soon)
Product Manager: Design
Product Manager: Technical
Product Manager: Leadership
Sales and Trading
HEALTH / MEDICINE
Paralegal / Legal Assistant
Marketing Research Analyst
Social Media Coordinator
Community Impact Fellowships (John Gardner Public Service Fellowship, Schneider Fellows Program, Tom Ford Fellowship in Philanthropy)
Program Associate / Development Associate / Outreach Coordinator
Policy Analyst (coming soon)
PUBLISHING / WRITING
Clinical Research Coordinator (CDC) - Stanford School of Medicine
Life Science Research Professional (LSRP) - Stanford School of Medicine
Research Assistant – Academic (coming soon)
TECH FOR NON-TECH
RECOMMENDED FOR ALL APPLICANTS
Common Interview Questions
Diversity, inclusion and Cultural Competence
- Problem Solving
- Decision making / Dealing with ambiguity
- Agility / Flexibility