March 23, 2018
Your Career. Your Choice. Your Future.
PhD Pathways is a day-long Career Education Conference open to PhD students and Postdocs from all disciplines to inform and educate you about what types of career paths exist beyond academia with a PhD degree.
PhD Pathways is organized by a team of Stanford PhD students, postdocs, and staff under the leadership of BEAM, Stanford Career Education.
- Over 80 speakers and panelists
- Keynote by Tina Seelig, expert on creativity and innovation and author of What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20.
- 4 sessions of parallel panels, with each panel composed of panelists working in a specific career sector
- Career workshops & coaching sessions
- A networking lunch
- A networking reception
After attending the conference, you will:
- Gather examples of PhD-level careers in a variety of sectors beyond academia
- Learn what skills are important in these sectors
- Hear personal stories of how professionals have gained entry into these sectors
Ultimately, the conference will educate you about the variety and breadth of opportunities that are available to you as a PhD or postdoc!
Tickets for PhD Pathways
Contact us (Email: email@example.com)
Impressions from the sold-out 2017 PhD Pathways conference:
“Absolutely loved each of the participants, all of them had a huge wealth of experiences to share and advice to offer, and were very candid in their remarks.”
“There are many career paths that I hadn't considered before, and […] there are people available to help learn about them.”
“This conference is such an unmet need in the grad community here, and it was fantastic!”
“I left feeling that Stanford cares about me, my future, and that yes, I can be free of the expectations my department and field have of me. I can do it!”
“This conference is by far the best thing I have done for myself and for my career this year.”
Back to top